Saturday, April 16, 2011

Dizzy.

My poem "Dizzy" has been published in two books (:

I entered them in the World Poetry Movement contest ($1,000 Grand Prize) and Eber and Wein Publishing contest ($2,000 Grand Prize).
I received two letters today, one from each contest.
They both told me that my poem was published in their book and automatically entered into the final contest.
In one of the contests 1st and 2nd prize winners get a Gold or Silver medal and in the other 2nd prize winners get $100 and a plaque and 3rd prize winners get a plaque.
Whether i get a plaque or a medal, i would be so excited.
Even if it was just bronze!
If i win either of the grand prizes, they'll be going in my savings account for college.
Speaking of that...
I have a piggy bank in my room with $28.22. That is an accomplishment (:
It's made up completely of change and 1 dollar bills.
Today is a day of proudness.
This is really the first time i've felt proud of myself in a long time.

0 comments: